Nursing Policy Research Institute
The Nursing Policy Research Institute was established in 1973 as Korea’s first research center grounded in nursing. Research activities focus on nursing policies related to the improvement of the nursing profession and the general health care delivery system. Currently the Institute oversees the Yonsei Simulation Center, Bio-behavioral Research Center, Yonsei-Joanna Briggs Institute(JBI) Evidence Based Nursing Center, and Academia-Industry Relation Center.
Yonsei Simulation Center contributes to patient safety improvement via strengthening learning strategies and advance nursing research.
- Provides nursing education including diverse patient care experiences in realistic clinical setting.
- Enhance nursing students' clinical reasoning as well as problem-solving skills in a safe learning environment.
- Supports research related to effective nursing education strategies to strength students’ competency.
Evidence Based Nursing Center
Yonsei Evidence Based Nursing Center, as the sole JBI affiliation center in Korea, utilizes an organic cooperation system with JBI headquarters as the basis to produce, process, and distribute the best evidence related to the prevention and management of diseases and health promotion; through which, it contributes to the enhancement of the quality of nursing and positively enhance the quality of life in patients by providing evidence-based medical environment.
- Generating Data for Evidence-based Health Promotion : Conduct systematic review
- Processing of Health Promotion Guidelines Based on Evidence-based Data: Produce JBI Best Practice Sheet (Translation), Development of clinical guidelines through systematic review, Development of user-friendly materials, such as leaflets, booklets and newsletters for various clinical guidelines
- Establishment of Materials and Guidelines Distribution Network and Expansion of Evidence through Conversion of Knowledge
- Educational training related to systematic review and evidence-based nursing practice, Hosting of EBP seminars and workshops, Publishing of center news, Publishing for systematic review, Distribution of the published guidelines, Continuous communication with JBI headquarters and other centers, Evaluation of materials and guidelines
Yonsei Evidence-Based Nursing Center of Korea : Affiliation Center of the Joanna Briggs Institute
Bio Behavioral Center
The Bio-behavioral Research Center is to promote bio-behavioral studies as a foundation for effective nursing interventions for health promotion and disease prevention.
Supports the convergence of basic life science and socio- psychological interventions in nursing.
The Global Leadership Center will play the role of the central agency for leading the research and development of the global public health and nurturing global convergence through the establishment of a multi-disciplinary collaboration system involving universities and professional institutions in the field of international public health, from within Korea and abroad.
- Educational training projects : To operate programs designed to provide participation opportunities in global public health for students interested in global public health, through which, to ultimately foster competent global public health nursing human resources.
- Research Projects : To contribute to advancement of research in the field of global public health through development of global public health research and development projects.
- Academic Projects : To provide opportunities for sharing and disseminating global public health research results and exploring future strategies for advancement of nursing specialties and innovations in practical nursing. Construction of Global Institution Network: To form a global exchange hub for conducting global public health research and projects though multi-disciplinary collaboration with global public health related institutions from abroad.